Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Morning Musings

I forgot to write last night... or rather, I remembered to write after I was in bed and was too lazy to get up. Yesterday was a nice, easy relaxing day- Josh made a breakfast of blueberry pancakes and bacon (YUM), and the boys all headed off to their respective daily activities- Josh and Geoff to ultimate frisbee practice/church, Bill to church and then to dance rehearsal (did I ever mention that I found out that what he does is dance? And quite well too from what I have seen). I then had the house to myself and did some cleaning, which of course necessitated cleaning the cleaning supplies, since most people apparently don't know that you have to clean the brushes, tanks and filters on vacuum cleaners, especially the little $50 ones. I managed to get quite dirty cleaning up, but got the kitchen and living room/dining room clean.

Once the boys got back, we headed into Carrboro so they could get some beer (Red Oak?) and pick up a few things from the grocery store. The rest of my evening was spent catching up on work and A Dance of Dragons (A Song of Fire and Ice Book 5 by George R. R. Martin), while the boys played C.O.D. and watched old sitcoms on Netflix. They taught me to play a strange board game called "The Settlers of Catan" which is from Germany and requires you to build cities, settlements and roads and attempt to out-populate and out-resource the other players. We only played one game, which I miserably lost, but I think I have more of a feel for it the next time we get it out.

Headed to the Tiger Rescue soon- I have to be there by 8:30 and it is already 7:45... I'm kind of procrastinating this morning. I was going to reflect a bit on my adventure coming down here, but I suppose that will have to wait until the evening.

Until later,

~Rich With Life~

No comments:

Post a Comment