Sunday, July 22, 2012

Home Sweet Home

The trip yesterday was long, but I made it back home just fine. I told Jared that I was not going to be home until about three in the afternoon- so he was quite surprised when I showed up at my brothers place (where Jared spends a lot of his time) around noon! Dale, Jared and I went to Olive Garden for lunch, and then I headed home to see my new furniture.

The house was a little messy (Jared's version of cleaning is a LOT different than mine), so I had to go on a multi-hour cleaning spell. After some scrubbing and rearranging I was quite happy with things though, and me and Jared continued to clean out the garage full of furniture today. My new couch is awesome, and my basement now has my own personal library going on, complete with cozy armchairs, awesome shag carpet and coffee table. It is going to take some time getting used to all the new stuff, but it is really kind of cool to be able to arrange everything how I like it and know that no one will move it!

My cats have been very glad to have me back... all of them have been following me around the house, cuddling and purring. The chickens are great- the new acquisitions are very friendly, though Homer the rooster attacked me the second I walked into the coop. I guess he thinks I am a bad hen or something... Not sure what to do about him.

Starting to farm sit this evening- 6 horses and 2 dogs for a week, so that should definitely help re-boost the bank account. I also need to get paid for the pet-sitting I did before I left for NC. I called last night and the husband sounded really confused (I have never met him, only his wife).

Headed to dinner with my mom and her husband this evening (I get to see my pony!). Monday and Tuesday I need to get my pastures back in order to get the horses back over here, Wednesday I am going crabbing with my grandfather, and then hopefully I will be back to riding along with Doc on Thursday or Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I think if the rooster does it one more time you make a wonderful chicken soup :)

    ReplyDelete