Saturday, July 7, 2012

Embarking on a Journey

In only a few short hours I will be on my way to my first pit stop- my mom and her husband's lake house in Virginia, nicknamed "Serenity." I will be overnighting there and then headed down to North Carolina sometime tomorrow afternoon.


 
Today's drive is around 5 hours, tomorrows only 2.5 hours. Now the farthest I have ever driven by myself is probably an hour and a half, so this will certainly be interesting. I am a little nervous, but I think all my family members are more nervous than I am! I guess it is good practice for when I am a farm vet and have to drive everywhere by myself.

I was hoping to be well-rested, but unfortunately I had a terrible nightmare last night and spent the rest of the morning wide-awake. Guess I'm going to have to drink some Mio energy or something... that will certainly keep me up. Or maybe a jar of maraschino cherries!

 I'm certainly going to miss my sun and stars, my kitties, Rem, and my pony... But I have plenty of good memories to sustain me-  and, after all it is only two weeks! I will try to make an entry tonight if I have internet.

Wish me luck!

~Rich With Life~

2 comments:

  1. They are wished...luck...have fun on your journey. It will be interesting reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry...selected the wrong profile to publish.... :) getting used to this...

    ReplyDelete