Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pre-Vet Meeting #2

Our second interest meeting was tonight, and I am just as excited about this group as the last! We even had one of the student's from Monday stop by and end up staying for the presentation today again. I particularly like her, though I have forgotten her name twice now (it's Taylor for the record)! She seems to have a good sense of humor, and  I hope she will continue to be involved in the club (as I do with all of them). Everyone today was just as reactive, and they all again stayed after to ask me questions- I guess that means I'm approachable :) Mission complete! I always stress that they will find me weird or strangely enthusiastic and not come to meetings, but I overly stress about everything.

We found a meeting time that seemed to work really well for everyone who gave me input, and that was very exciting. I hope that those who indicated they didn't think they could make it to that time (only one or two), will be able to make it to our other events on Tuesday mornings and lunches. I really want everyone to have the opportunity to be involved if they want to be- a club is nothing without it's members.

And we have seventeen people signed up to go to the horse rescue on Saturday! I am very happy that that many people were interested and are going to check it out. I hope the owner and I can work out a schedule that benefits both the farm and the students. I also got the good news today that the shelter is most likely going to let us send students out on Tuesday or Monday mornings to observe surgeries and spay/neuters. I have to call tomorrow to finalize things, but it looks like we may have a permanent set up with them. This is just the sort of thing I was looking to accomplish this semester. Looks like things are falling into place :)

I bought some scrubs! Would you believe that XS is too big on me? My pants are XS and my top is XS and hangs off of me. They aren't gorgeous or particularly "me" style and color-wise, but they will work. I look incredibly grown up in them (in my opinion). I only bought one pair because they are pretty pricey and I am pretty broke. But this is one thing I really don't want to get at Goodwill... you never know where they came from.

~Melissa

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you! Keeping up with what you need and want isn't an easy deal...

    ReplyDelete