Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Universe Giving Back

So yesterday I was dying of thirst. I had just gotten out of a lab working with mouse melanoma cells and for some reason I just really wanted something to wet my whistle. I was in the library, studying for my cell bio "quiz" on Friday, and I went down to the machine to get something. Of course, I only had a five dollar bill, and the machine only takes ones. I had some quarters and other change, and I very excitedly realized that the machine took nickels and dimes ( I only had four quarters). So I sit there and feed about ten coins in. The readout says 1.70 put in. Drinks are 1.75. I have no more change. I stared in desolation at the machine. I really just wanted a cherry coke- was that too much to ask?? I pressed the coin return and the machine spit out my coins, one at a time, filling up the little holder. I retrieved them and looked sadly at the machine, then at the snack machine next door. Little hope in my heart, I reached into the coin return of the snack machine, out of habit more than anything. Deep in the recesses of that black hole, I found a dime. I stared at it in disbelief, then quickly re-fed my coins in. The machine spit out my cherry coke, and a nickel, which I replaced in the snack machine's coin return.

Later, I found a very, very important notecard that I thought I had lost hidden in the bottom of my backpack.

Luck is apparently with me. Perhaps the universe knew I needed a little help this semester.

~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment