Thursday, April 25, 2013

Life Around the Farm

Things have been going okay lately. Sweetheart is recovering very well and even got on a nice new pair of shoes with pads on the front. She has never been shoed before, so we were all amazed at her allowance of the farrier to put them on (though I suspect the Ace had something to do with it too).

We have chick eggs and goose eggs in the incubator, and the sun is bright and shining. Hopefully my garden will be plowed soon and I can get in the vegetables that I love so much. I still haven't heard anything from my internships, and with the end of the semester fast approaching I am assuming that I probably won't. Luckily, I do have plenty of things to do with my summer, and the folks at Evermore even offered to help me run a research project on wormer effectiveness on their farms if I want to. So I'm getting somewhere I suppose, no matter how slowly.

The school also just hired a new professor for next year, and I have already approached her about doing research with her next year. She does behavioral work on dog breeds and wolves, and I think it would be something I would very much enjoy.

Today I am invested in writing a 15 page paper, the last paper of the semester and a very tiresome one. Thus, I am not going to write too much more, besides to say that I should have some time on Sunday to update on my shadowing Saturday night. I haven't been to the emergency hospital in three weeks due to illness, dinners and trips, so I'm looking forward to getting back there this weekend!

Here are some more pics from Evermore (because it's so beautiful I can't resist!):


No comments:

Post a Comment