Monday, November 5, 2012

Feeling Sick

I woke up yesterday morning feeling awful. I mean exhausted, weak, my throat swollen halfway shut, my voice gone. I still managed to get over to my mom's property and help load up the horses and truck them back to my house for the Winter (I am super excited that they are back). They are incredibly fat, and I am amazed they haven't gone belly-up. My mom likes fat animals and I think is secretly trying to kill them.

I then tried to clean a little, but yesterday was just super stressful due to some drama and a Nancy Drew-like situation that occurred at my house Saturday night. So I was mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted, yet still could not sleep. This week is going to be hell I think.

I shadowed on Saturday morning, and the coolest thing I saw was a dog-bite wound on a Cocker Spaniel that was over 2 weeks old, and this was the first time they brought the poor girl in. The relief vet was there again, and we were short-staffed with only 2 techs, so I got to help more than usual. We cleaned away the necrotic tissue and refreshed the fringes of the wound. The pocket around it was huge. It was a wound on the right side of the neck, and the pocket extended up to her skull and about 3 inches on all sides except the bottom. We put in a drain and cleaned it up- surprisingly it looked pretty good for what it was- no infection.

I am shadowing again on Tuesday. Just trying to make it through this week and get everything I need to get done, done. Hopefully I will get my orgo exam back today or Wednesday. I don't think I did as well as the last one, but I'm hoping I didn't bomb it. Friday I have an ES exam, and the rest of the week I have various things do, including an abstract from a 10-page paper I haven't started yet. I hate when things pile up.

We are also starting the pre-vet fundraiser this week. I am sorely hoping that people buy them for family members, friends, etc. Even if we only raise a hundred bucks, that will go towards helping us all make it to Symposium without too much of a wallet-breaker.

Sincerely hoping that whatever disease is attacking me, my body fights it off.


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment