Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Back to School

We made it through the hurricane just fine- though I know plenty of folks were not as lucky. My area somehow got protected- it was like we were in a little bubble of Sandy protection. Maybe that was just the eye of the storm, but it wasn't too awful! For once we did not lose power (unbelievable on it's own), and everyone stayed warm, safe, and dry. Classes were canceled yesterday and today (for the first time since 2008), which not only saved me from missing class, but also allowed me a much-needed breather. I was not trying to drive in that mess. I did end up feeding horses for my neighbor who couldn't get home yesterday or today for the evening feeding (he works for a power company, so has had extra long days). I was only too happy to do it, but it was a pain in the wind and rain last night!

Today was my dad and Mary's last night in Maryland, as they are headed back to CO in the morning. So I spent most of the afternoon playing cards with them and just spending time together.

I did study (a little) for my second organic chemistry exam, which has now been postponed twice and is on Friday.  It is on some more difficult material than the first exam, so I really need to make sure that I fully understand it.

Not too much else to report!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment