Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ladybugs


These last few weeks are always the worst. I'm currently sitting on the top floor of the library and thanking everything lovely that I go to a small college and can actually get a free table during crunch time. I had to turn in a rough draft of a paper right before break and got it back last night... What I thought was at least a somewhat decent paper got shot down once again. The first "abstract" I turned in, she didn't like very much, as she said it lacked purpose. Now she says I have purpose but my examples lack it. UGH. So I am trying really really hard to get my ten pages. Writing normally comes really easy to me, but this paper has been a doozy.

This morning was my 3rd organic chemistry exam. It was hard as heck, but I think I did alright. I had to really think through every single question (which I know is the purpose of exams). I can take a little bit of a hit on it since I rocked the first two, but that didn't stop me stressing or studying my butt off. It does, however, help after the fact when I start obsessively worrying over the questions I felt iffy about.

On the upside, I sat down at this library table and my old friend the ladybug decided I was a good jungle gym. What one is doing on the fourth floor of the library, I have no idea. Just like red-tailed hawks, I seem to see lady bugs everywhere. I think it is secret revenge on me for collecting so many when I was a child and making them my "pets." Don't ask.

I have two more labs, two more homeworks, three write-ups, one essay and three final exams and 16 days before the semester is over. I am counting down.

~Melissa

2 comments:

  1. I love it that you can countdown...you have done wonders with this semester...two of your friends are returning to your orbit :) and your pets are thriving with your love...you are an awesome student and some of your friends rely on your common sense and smiles to get them through the next 19 days...as you lean on some to help you through...Yeah to the end of this semester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooops...that was to have been 15 days,,, :)

      Delete