Saturday, November 10, 2012

Complaining

Some days there just aren't enough hours in a day.

Sometimes I feel absolutely nuts with how much I study and worry about things. I am a bit of a perfectionist, but grades are so much more than that- for me they are part of the deciding factor on whether or not I get in to vet school to fulfill my dream of eternally being broke and doing something I love. So while my friends are out having fun, I stay at home, camp out on the floor with my books around me, and do practice problems. The class I am worried the most about is physics right now. Not because I'm failing, but because I am at the point where I could get either a B+ or an A-, and an exam grade with a couple points either way can make a huge difference. Maybe I am just crazy. I always wonder if other pre-vetters have the same problems, or if it is just me...

I don't know how to explain to people that tell me I need to loosen up and stop worrying so much. I spend my free days shadowing to gain experience and build up hours, and spend my free hours studying for the exams, etc. that seem to be every week this semester. I don't mind it so much (in fact I rather enjoy the stress), but it does sometimes cheat me of having an actual life and being able to be as involved in my friends' lives (and Jared's) as I would like. I have amazing friends who care about me so much, and sometimes I am just not there for them when they need me.

I also do screw up sometimes. Like Friday, when I left the order forms for the fundraiser in a locked office. I need them tomorrow, and I had a football game all day today (my very last!), so I didn't get a chance to retrieve them. So on top of having to get up early to get everything together for our tile-painting workshop tomorrow, I now have to track down DPS and get someone to let me in to the office. Which, as easy as it sounds, will probably turn into a mess since that is generally how things have been going these last two weeks. (I am very excited however, to spend a few hours tomorrow painting my heart out).

In other news, I should be finalizing plans for seven members of our club (including myself) to attend the APVMA national symposium in Florida (it's really cool!) for the very first time. Monday I will be sitting down with a school credit card and getting plane tickets, hotels, etc.

And now, having complained to the silent audience of the internet, I am going to go study Physics for my exam on Monday.

~Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Melissa,

    I totally know how you feel, always stressing out and being really type-A and a perfectionist.

    I also loved the whole "being eternally broke" thing because I get that completely. I always tell people that I'm probably going to be in debt for the rest of my life, but I don't care.

    I have confidence you will get at least an A- in Physics. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete