Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Update

Remi is doing well with the house training. So far not a single accident. She is still staying locked on the porch or in her crate when I leave, just because I cannot trust her alone in the house yet. This definitely seems to be working for her- she has been very happy and even calmer the last couple of days. The worst problem is that she has started to get into the litterboxes!

This weekend flew by- all day on Saturday the pre-vet club came up to Doc's house for an experiential learning lab. Every person who came learned how to draw up vaccines, got to listen to a horse's heart beat, saw how vaccines and sedation were given, and got to do some equine dentistry! They seemed to really enjoy it, even though it was freezing cold. We all got to work on four horses and Doc was a great teacher as usual. He was in fine form with his rapt audience. He even showed a small animal exam and administered a rabies shot on his little ragamuffin puppy. For some of the kids, this was their first exposure to vet med, and their first five hours of experience. I think we are going to try to do it again in the Spring since it was such a hit, though with a different subject.

Sunday Jared and I headed up to the auction and went scrounging for fun items. We got a whole pile of things, including a new watch for me, a huge painting, a wood basket for practical purposes, and a new duffel bag for me with horses on it (It's a fake Ralph Lauren- thus it features the polo horse without the rider- I was a fan).

Lab took forever yesterday- we were doing a reaction and then analyzing it with Thin Layer Chromatography, and separating the compounds via Column Chromatography. Between that and marching band, I got nothing done yesterday.

Tomorrow is my second exam in Physics, so my day will be spent studying! I am shadowing on Wednesday and Thursday, so that should be another good 11 hours to add onto my SA experience. I will be posting about that of course for those of you interested.


Wish me luck tomorrow,

Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Wished...but know you will have done your best at understanding your material that luck has little to do with you :) but still wished :)

    ReplyDelete