Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Winding Up and Winding Down

Well the semester is almost over; only three papers and three exams stand between me and Winter break. I have been finishing my cartilage and bone staining of the chick embryos, and have collected most of my data. I have been having some issues with the embryos taking much longer than predicted to dehydrate and rehydrate so I have been a little bit crazy with my schedule. I even slept over at the Science Center last night, and will be going in every day even though I am technically on break. Yay, Science!! But it has been a really neat process to learn how to do this, as well as to learn how to work with embryos. I freaking love science. It is the coolest thing to learn how and why certain solutions can turn cartilage and bone a certain color, can turn muscles and organs translucent, can make skin brittle.

I need to buckle down and do really well this final cycle; I am on the border of an A in all three of my science classes. This will probably end up being my worst semester grade-wise of college, but definitely the one in which I have learned the most, and I think that is the more important thing.

I submitted my supplement for Wisconsin today, which means that I really have nothing to do except wait. I won't find out about VMRCVM until the end of December, and may not even hear from Wisconsin until March! It will be what it will be...

~Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment