Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Crazy Week

This week has been an interesting one, only promising to get more stressful as it goes. Monday started the kick off of our research study after finally getting IUCUC approval. We recorded three dogs, and have more set up in the coming weeks. Monday also started the individual capstone research project that I am conducting, which involves shooting lufenuron (an active ingredient in flea and tick meds as well as a hugely industrial pesticide) into eggs to see the effect on embryo growth. That has been a shit show, as one could say. I was in the lab until eleven last night getting it all set up and all of my eggs injected... The biggest problem was that my drug refused to be soluble in anything! Finally got it in a 3:1 ethanol:water mix, but we will see if any of my eggs live after that...

Got home with half an hour to spare before course re-registration opened. I switched some classes around, and ended up in Vertebrate Zoology, Neuroscience, Microbiology and Anatomy and Physiology 2. Can you say hellooooo stress? Three of those have labs, while vert zoo is a combine 3 hr lecture/lab. This will be my first time taking 4 science courses in a semester (I really like to hold on to just one non-science), but I'm not too too worried. 

Tonight marks the continuance of more intense studying for my two exams on Friday; Anatomy and Physiology and Biochemistry. I really need to do well on both; my grade could go either way (A-/B+) in both classes, and having a good exam score would put it on the higher end!

Anyway, out the door!

~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment