Thursday, March 14, 2013

Back-Up Plans

This Summer I really need a job. I'm super excited for the internships, and very hopeful that I will get one. But I'm also a realist and I know that I don't have research experience or lab animal experience, and there is a fairly large possibility that I won't be chosen for either one of the positions. Unfortunately, both of them have MAY 1st as the last day that they will be notifying students. That's a long time from now, and I get out of school just a couple days later. If it's a rejection, I don't want to be scrambling for a job. So I've been applying places. I am waiting to hear back for a time, but tomorrow I am supposed to interview at a farm near to home. It would start out with Saturdays but could move to weekdays in the Summer. They have cattle, sheep, swine and poultry, and I would be helping take care of the animals and doing things such as mowing and weeding, and possibly butchering if they needed an extra hand. I also applied for a trail guide position at the only place I have heard of in the area that does trail rides. I received a request for an interview from there, and am just waiting to hear back for date and time. I'm definitely hoping that one of them works out!

1 comment: