Monday, January 14, 2013

Money Honey

Can I tell you how wonderful it is to have a paying job, even if only for a few days? As a pre-vet student I do a lot of unpaid work. I shouldn't say 'unpaid' I suppose- it is paid for in knowledge and in experience. I even get free vet work sometimes. But in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't earn me any money, doesn't help me pay the bills or feed my animals. My part time job unexpectedly petered out a couple of months ago and left me with no income whatsoever besides a few random pet-sitting jobs. I really don't have time for a set-schedule job where I have to put in serious hours during the semester... I guess I consider being a student as my full-time job, but there again, it doesn't help with anything monetarily.

Quite nicely, my stepfather has been helping me out by letting me help fix up his rental properties. Just knowing that I will at some point in the future get paid something is a great feeling (though I would gladly do it for free as well). Plus a very nice Christmas gift from my family to help pay for books and expenses never hurt. And I have an interview tomorrow to get a job cleaning someone's house once every couple of weeks. All in all, my bank account has increased for the first time in months. It's as good of a feeling as having a full tank of gas in your car.

~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment