Saturday, June 30, 2012

Weiner Party!

Tonight was Doc's "Weiner Party" as he calls it (yes he was actually serving all sorts of hot dogs- get your mind out of the gutter!) :) He invites clients, friends and family, so it is always an interesting time (his family is quite... different). I was over around noon helping with the pavilion set up, getting tables, stringing lights, that sort of thing.

 Now one of Doc's brothers reminds me of this guy:

Yeah- you remember him? Needless to say, NOT ATTRACTIVE. But, thinks he is the shit. So last year I brought in hay with Doc and the other intern, and this guy ^. He apparently went around the next day telling everyone how I was all into him and flirting with him. Um, EW. I guess asking someone's name and occupation is now being considered flirting... This is why I avoid contact with the male species within 10 years of my age! Silly boys. Anyway, I avoided him at all costs at the party this year. I don't even think he remembered me, so not too hard.

Anyway, besides that it wasn't too eventful- besides of course my mom and her husband showing up. It's that moment when you are hanging out with a bunch of adults and feel like a true adult, and then your parents come and you are re-relegated to child status. My fiance even made an appearance, and chatted with Mrs. S. I hate parties, so for me it is quite an ordeal to stay for more than an hour- but stay I did! Mrs. S. hates them as much as I do, so we hid out in the barn together for a little while, and had a good time in a side tent just chatting.

No vet stuff today (sorry to disappoint anyone who stumbles across this), and probably not for the next couple of days (I'm not riding along again until Tuesday).

~Rich With Life~

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Melissa! I am going to turn around and start reading YOUR blog. Hahaha. Anyway, I think it's super cool that you are interested in large animal medicine, too. I come from a pretty suburban background, though, so I don't know how much I actually understand what I would be getting into. I just really love food animals and want to make that my career because it's SO important for the country to have a stable and healthy food supply.

    ReplyDelete