Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lazy Day

It's amazing how fast money goes. Yesterday I received $100 (woohoo!!!) from my grandmother in the form of my monthly "allowance." Grandma likes to help support all of her grandchildren now when we are young and need it, instead of in her will ( I think it is a pretty cool idea). So I head out to do the things I have been avoiding until I get paid (which still hasn't happened)- get gas ($35), a haircut ($30) and FOOD ($35). Just like that- it was gone! But at least I have lunch food to take out with the vet now! My mom always offers to pay for my groceries (I live in her house scott-free on her generosity), but I hate feeling like I take advantage of her, so I try to pay for everything I can as often as I can. I'm just silly that way- you'd think I would want to take advantage of free money! Too bad I have this stinking conscience thing going on...

Homer (my buff orpington rooster) acted slightly aggressive towards me today, which is NOT good news. I have had a mean rooster before and let me tell you, that was not a fun situation. That one ended up buried in the backyard with a bullet in his head (I know, a waste of meat). I'm really hoping he was just being protective and will get past this thing after a few bouts of me shouting at him and stomping my feet. Anyone know of a way to back down a rooster?

Hoping to see my sun and stars tonight, I sorely miss him. Planning on riding Sweetheart on the morrow (though it gets a little lonely riding by yourself after awhile). Have a meeting in a few minutes with a pet-sitting client (yay more money!). Meanwhile, the country breeze is ripe with the smells of growing corn and clover flowers (luckily I'm upwind of the chicken coop!).

~Rich With Life~

No comments:

Post a Comment