Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Mailed

Missouri mailed decision letters today. Should get here in the next few days!

I have my first big neurobio quiz tomorrow, a huge micro quiz on Monday, and my first vert zoo exam on Thursday (I have to identify and name latin names of 27 different ethanol-soaked fish). Hopefully I will get some good news to boost my confidence!

I decided the other day to sell my old horse showing clothes (beautiful, blingy and barely used) from when I was 13/14 and showed a friend's gelding. It was fun, but not something I think I will ever get into again. So far I think I have interested parties for all my slinkies and show pants, so I am hoping to make a little money... enough to buy a new used saddle. A little consignment shop up the road has three synthetic saddles, all for around $100. One of them has never even been on a horse! My old leather saddle, while great, doesn't seem to fit my horse too well since she actually filled out and I also have neglected it some... the mice have done a good job on chewing it up, and I got too lazy to replace a strap with leather and tied it on with baling twine. All of these that I checked out at the consignment store look pretty nice, and I get a few day trial period to make sure it fits alright. Definitely the cheapest prices I have ever seen on saddles, even non-namebrand ones.

I'm cuddling with my kitties at the moment while studying for micro (or trying to). They are such cuddly little buggers that it makes not petting them rather hard!

~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment