Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Registration

The final weeks of my undergraduate career are winding down. This is my last week of classes, then a week of finals, followed by "senior week" and graduation on the 18th. It has gone so quickly! I am certainly feeling nostalgic and melancholy these days.

A bust of excitement came this evening when I got an email that said I could register for my vet school courses! I will be taking:

Anatomy
Physiology
Immunology
Histology
Biochemistry
LA Husbandry
Professional Foundations
Ethology

 And have the choice of two electives: Animal Domestication and Developmental Embryology.

I am a little on the fence about developmental embryology, since I really don't like development (probably my least favorite subject that I have had to learn about). I will definitely be taking Domestication though, since it is pass/fail and seems pretty interesting!

While it will be a lot (as I well recognize) I cannot help but be excited. I get to learn about these subjects as they specifically relate to veterinary medicine. All those questions I constantly pestered all my professors with at G-burg (especially in my human A&P class) will hopefully begin to be answered! I also pleasantly discovered that vet school only has one hour long labs, rather than the four hour labs that I am used to. That should be a nice change!

Back to studying ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment